To print over Wi-Fi from your computer, or to quickly share your printer with others, you can connect your printer to Google Cloud Print.
- A printer that connects to Wi-Fi
- A computer with the Chrome browser installed. Learn how to install Chrome.
Step 1: Connect to Wi-Fi
- Turn on your printer.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi network. If you’re not sure how, follow your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect your computer to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer.
Go to the cloud-ready printers page and search for your printer manufacturer and model.
- If your printer name has “v2” next to it, your printer is cloud-ready (version 2.0).
- If your printer name doesn’t have a “v2,” your printer is cloud-ready (version 1.0).
- If your printer is not listed, your printer is not cloud-ready. But if it can connect to Wi-Fi, you can set it up with Google Cloud Print.
Step 3: Connect your printer to Google Cloud Print
Important: To set up this printer, you’ll need a PC or Mac computer. You can’t use a Chromebook.
- On your PC or Mac, find your system settings, then find the printing section.
- Add your printer to your computer. If you need help, refer to the Mac or Windows help site.
- Open Chrome .
chrome://devicesand press Enter.
- Under “Classic Printers,” click Add printers.
- In the “Printers to register” section, select the printer you want to share, then click Add printer(s).
- To check if your printer was added, click Manage your printers.
Tip: To let someone else print from this printer, or to print from this printer on a Chromebook, you’ll need to share the printer. Learn how to share your printer.
- On your computer, open Chrome .
chrome://devicesand press Enter.
- Under “New devices,” find your printer.
- Next to your printer, click Manage.
- In the “Confirm registration” box that appears, click Register.
- On your printer screen, follow the steps to finish registering. You might have to press a button that says Register or OK.
- To check if your printer is registered, on your computer, go to google.com/cloudprint and click Printers.
Tip: To let someone else print from this printer, you’ll need to share the printer with them. Learn how to share your printer.
- On your computer, open the Cloud-ready printers page.
- Click your printer manufacturer.
- At the bottom of the section, click the link to go to your manufacturer’s help website.
- Follow your manufacturer’s steps to set up your printer.
Fix problems setting up Google Cloud Print
Try these steps:
- Make sure you’re running the latest version of Chrome. Learn how to update Chrome or update your Chromebook software.
- Turn your printer off, then on again.
If you still can’t set up your printer:
- If you have a cloud-ready printer, check that your printer has Google Cloud Print turned on. If you don’t know how to do this, check your printer manufacturer’s support site or the manual that came with your printer.
- Contact your printer manufacturer for help.
Make sure that:
- Your printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer
- You’ve downloaded Google Chrome, or are using a Chromebook
- You’re printing from Chrome
If your printer is not cloud-ready, make sure the computer that set up your printer is also turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your printer.
Tip: If you’re using Windows, install the Google Cloud Print Windows Driver. You can use it to print from other web browsers (like Internet Explorer) or computer programs (like Microsoft Office).